We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty beef and vegetable stew combines flavors for a wonderfully warm winter meal. The potatoes in this stew make this a filling dish and because it's made in a slow cooker, it's a super easy recipe.
Cooking Time:8 hr
- 6 medium white potatoes (about 2 lbs) peeled and cubed
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 pounds beef stew meat or chuckroast, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can green bean, drained
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, mix the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery. Toss the beef with flour to coat evenly. Add to the slow cooker. Top with the beef broth and red wine, pepper and salt. Cover and cook on the high setting 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Reduce the heat setting to low and cook 7 hours longer, or until the beef is tender, stirring once or twice during cooking.
- Add the corn, beans and peas and cook for one more hour or until hot through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Read more at http://www.recipelion.com/Crock-Pot-Recipes/Beef-and-Vegetable-Stew/ml/1#3373bIkE0S3JRG7E.99