1) First line your slow cooker with Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner for easy clean up
2) Cook your ground beef and drain
3) Add your black beans, corn, tomatoes (do not drain) seasoning and meat all together into the slow cooker and gently stir together
4) Fill half a can of water in your empty black bean can and dump in.
5) Cook on high in the slow cooker for 2 hours or low for 4 hours
What is fantastic about this recipe is that its easily changeable. You can substitute black beans for kidney beans, add two cans of tomatoes instead of 1, add diced chili peppers for a more spicy soup, or alter with shredded chicken and white beans instead! There are countless ways to enjoy and enjoy in a new way that is perfect for YOUR family.
And when you are done, it's super easy clean up! Once cooled, empty the contents out of the liner before placing in the trash.
My family likes to serve ours in cute little bread bowls!
- If you cook too long the water will start to evaporate. Make sure you turn your slow cooker to "warm" after the times noted above. You can always add additional water or even a can of tomato soup if you want more of a soup consistency...or you can let evaporate out and have more of a chunky chili feel.
- Add cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, and avocado on top.
- Use tortilla chips to dip!
- Works as appetizer, dip (with less water), or a full-fledged dinner...you decide!