WELCOME

Welcome to this slow cooker/crockpot blog. I believe slow cookers are the best thing to happen to modern day cooks. I used mine often when I worked outside the home and continue to do so even in retirement. It is so nice to put food on and forget about it. Slow cookers also allow us to cook many things we would normally have to use the oven for; what a relief in hot Texas weather! Some of these recipes are mine, many are ones I have collected over the years.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

EASY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS

Sharing this recipe that a friend posted on her fb page for chicken and dumplings in the slow cooker/crockpot.  This is how I make mine but had never thought of making them in my slow cookers.  Going to have to try this one for my chicken-loving family. Yuk!

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Directions:

Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.




I would add some freshly ground black pepper.

I believe my friend got this recipe from FOODIE TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.