WELCOME

Welcome to this slow cooker/crockpot blog. I believe slow cookers are the best thing to happen to modern day cooks. I used mine often when I worked outside the home and continue to do so even in retirement. It is so nice to put food on and forget about it. Slow cookers also allow us to cook many things we would normally have to use the oven for; what a relief in hot Texas weather! Some of these recipes are mine, many are ones I have collected over the years.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

CROCK-POT CITRUS CHICKEN

Once again, those of you who follow my blogs know I do not eat poultry.  However I do know that it is a favorite for most of you as it is for my family.  Today I saw this blue-ribbon recipe on the Just a Pinch site and thought it would be something most of you would love.  I think my family will too.  This recipe is from a lady in Colorado.  Enjoy!

Recipe Rating:
 4 Ratings
Category:Chicken
Keywords:lemonCrock PotSlow-cookercitrusorangecurry
Serves:4 - 6
Prep Time:
Cook Time:

Ingredients

2lemons (very ripe)
1orange
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1/4 ccornstarch
2knorr's chicken bullions
3 cwater
2 Tbspcurry powder
1 pinchsalt
1/4 csugar
1egg, well beaten
1 lbchicken tenderloins (frozen)
3carrots (shredded)
SUGGESTIONS
1head of cabbage, shredded and pan fried with butter
rice to serve over

Directions

1
 Squeeze out the juice of lemons and orange into crockpot (fish out the seeds). Add the well beaten egg, soy sauce, curry powder, bullion, sugar, salt, and the cornstarch blended in water and then the frozen chicken.
2
 Shred carrots directly into the crockpot. Set on high for 3 hours.
3
 Serve over stir fried veggies (I did cabbage) and rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.