WELCOME

Welcome to this slow cooker/crockpot blog. I believe slow cookers are the best thing to happen to modern day cooks. I used mine often when I worked outside the home and continue to do so even in retirement. It is so nice to put food on and forget about it. Slow cookers also allow us to cook many things we would normally have to use the oven for; what a relief in hot Texas weather! Some of these recipes are mine, many are ones I have collected over the years.

Monday, September 29, 2014

APPLE-CINNAMON PORK LOIN

When I saw this recipe from TOH I knew I had to add it to my recipes. Three of the foods I love in one dish!

  •  1/2 teaspoon salt
  •  1/4 teaspoon pepper
  •  1 tablespoon canola oil
  •  3 medium apples, peeled and sliced, divided
  •  1/4 cup honey
  •  1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  •  Minced fresh parsley, optional


  • Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; cool slightly. With a paring knife, cut about sixteen 3-in.-deep slits in sides of roast; insert one apple slice into each slit.
  • Place half of the remaining apples in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Place roast over apples. Drizzle with honey; top with onion and remaining apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
  • Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove pork and apple mixture; keep warm.
  • Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with pork and apple mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.


  • Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/apple-cinnamon-pork-loin#ixzz3El0sz27N



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.