I got this recipe email today. I thought it worth sharing with you. When I make it I will make some changes including using whole-grain crackers instead of saltines. I will use canola or coconut oil and low-fat or fat-free cream of mushroom soup.
- 2 Pounds lean ground beef
- 1 Package onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 Cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Package brown gravy mix
In a large bowl, mix together beef, onion mushroom soup mix, crushed saltine crackers, egg, and milk.
- Using your hands, shape beef mixture into 8 patties.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Dredge the patties in flour to coat and brown on both sides.
Place the browned patties into the slow cooker (overlapping is ok).
In a medium bowl, prepare the brown gravy according to package instructions. Mix in both cans of mushroom soup; pour gravy mixture over the patties.
Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until beef is done.