WELCOME

Welcome to this slow cooker/crockpot blog. I believe slow cookers are the best thing to happen to modern day cooks. I used mine often when I worked outside the home and continue to do so even in retirement. It is so nice to put food on and forget about it. Slow cookers also allow us to cook many things we would normally have to use the oven for; what a relief in hot Texas weather! Some of these recipes are mine, many are ones I have collected over the years.

Monday, July 27, 2026

JAZZED-UP GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE

2 pkg (16-oz each) frozen cut green beans, thawed

2 cans (10 3/4-oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted*

1 can (8-oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained

1 cup 2% milk

6 bacon stirps, cooked and crumbled

1 tsp black pepper

1/8 tsp paprika

4-oz cubed Velveeta cheese

1 can (2.8-oz) french-fried onions

In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine green beans, soup, water chestnuts, milk, bacon, pepper and paprika. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or until beans are tender; stir in cheese. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with the onions.

Yield: 10 servings

* May substitute cream of chicken or cream of celery soup, if desired.

recipe & photo TOH 2026


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.